1/18 | 2. Workflow and Masking
- Review the Retouching and Illustration test.
- Folder structure
- Printing out the exercises
- Layer Mask
- Pen tool
- Various masking techniques
- refine mask tool box
- Learn how to use the pen tool. Go to: http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tools-tips/photoshops-pen-tool-the-comprehensive-guide/
- Exercise: Masking 1
- Exercise: Masking 2
- Exercise: Masking 3
- Exercise: Masking 4
- Get up to speed with basic Photoshop skills. Psdtuts basix offers a great video series to get you up to speed. Watch them, you might be tested next week. http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tools-tips/photoshop-beginners/
- Choose one of the following computer arts tutorials. Download the source files and the pdf. Bring me the work-in-progress file for grading next week.
- Photoshop Street Arts: http://www.computerarts.co.uk/tutorials/photoshop-street-art
- Make your type pop with Layer Styles: http://www.computerarts.co.uk/tutorials/make-your-type-pop-layer-styles
- Merge Vectors with Photoshop: http://www.computerarts.co.uk/tutorials/merge-vectors-photographic-imagery
- Bring in an object you want to work with. For example a figurine, a small packaging, anything you can easily hold in your hand and easily carry. We’ll photograph it next class and work on it as part of the exercise.